2nd INT_ASTE regional meeting in Dublin, Ireland (August 21st-25th, 2017)
This is the 2nd off-internatioanl regional meeting of ASTE at ESERA. There are three different program which you attend during ESERA.
(1) Symposium : 5702 Trends in science education research: an international perspective: 1226, 1240, 1266,1457 (all accepted) – to be scheduled for 120 minutes 09:00-11:00 (days Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/thursday/friday)
(2) Oral presentation: 1036, 0913 in teacher education,two orals to be organized in same session and scheduled with 2 other papers selected as appropriate.
(3) International regional meeting of ASTE: 24th of August during lunch time. I will appoint each representative of Canada, Korea, Taiwan, China, Japan, and more for more collaboration -I will plan to submit the research proposal of STEAM to KRF this year -more discussion about membership fee and more ideas will be collected
3rd INT_ASTE regional meeting in Dankook University, Korea (Jan 26-28, 2018)
link will be coming soon
PAST regional meeting
1. 1st INT_ASTE regional meeting in Tokyo (EASE, 2016)
This is the 1st off-international region of ASTE in Tokyo through EASE international conference (August 26-28, 2016)
EASE 2016 in Tokyo (http://new.theease.org/conference2016.php)
In this regional meeting at EASE, we prepare the following two sessions, one is symposium about science teacher preparation program in each country and the other is oral session about STEM/STEAM education in each country.
(1) Here are the list of presenters and contributors for symposium of INT_ASTE on August 26th
Science teacher preparation program of each country: Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Canada, China, Malaysia, and Bangladesh,
- China/Xiao Huang/ZhiJiang Nomal University
2. Hong Kong/ Wing Mui Winnie So/The Hong Kong Institute of Education
3. Japan/Yoshisuke Kumano/Tomoki Saito/Shizuoka University
4. Bangladesh /Kazi Shahidullah /University of Nevada
5. Korea/Yoon-Kyung Nam/Pusan University/ and Sungho Kim/Incheon buyeseo elementary school
6. Malaysia/Corrienna Abdul Talib/Universiti Teknologi/ andMuhammad Abd Hadi Bunyamin/University of Minnesota
7. Canada/Christine Tippett/University of Minnesota and Todd Milford /University of Victoria
There are seven countries now, and there are one or two colleagues working together. You need to access EASE 2016 website and need to prepare abstract to be submitted each.
This symposium title is ‘science teacher preparation program at elementary level as well as secondary level’ in each country.
(2) Here are the list for STEM/STEAM education in each country for INT_ASTE regional meeting at EASE 2016. There are 6 countries to present current STEM/STEAM education in each country for 90 minutes. You need to access EASE 2016 website and need to prepare abstract to be submitted each. http://ease2016tokyo.jp/call.html
- Hong Kong/Wing Mui Winnie So /The Hong Kong Institute of Education 2. Japan/Yoshisuke Kumano/Tomoki Saito/Shizuoka University 3. Bangladesh /Kazi Shahidullah /University of Nevada 4. Malaysia/Muhammad Abd Hadi Bunyamin/University of Minnesota 5. Canada/Christine Tippett/University of Minnesota and Todd Milford /University of Victoria 6. Korea/Hyunju Lee/Ewha Womans University
Everybody will be welcome to this presentation of STEM/STEAM education during EASE 2016!!